Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wed 13th August – Day 95: Darwin (welding done)


Up early to pack up the van so it could go to the welding shop for the day. A pain in the neck as we would have to do it all again tomorrow for the fridge install, but if that was the worst of our worries then so be it. With Pete and the car away the kids and I spent the morning pretending to do schoolwork in the camp kitchen with tables, chairs, fridge and cable TV on the Olympics. Not a bad way to spend the morning.
An afternoon shopping trip to Casuarina Square (the largest shopping centre in Darwin, complete with K-mart, Big W & Target) saw us kill most of the afternoon where I managed a pedicure (yippee!!) and Toby decided on a ‘buzz’ cut (just like his dads) – they both look like criminals and I await the tattoos with trepidation...
Bought Norwegian Salmon for dinner from a roadside van along with a large watermelon for dessert (so much for Australian Seafood!) and we BBQ’d out under the stars.
Free Spirit Resort Darwin Big 4 (powered $55/night)

No comments: