Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mon 12th May – Day 4


A late start today as we all catch up on much needed sleep – I can’t remember the last time Pete and I slept 11 hours!
The kids began Distance Education today – teacher Anne was in charge. After breaky, Pete dropped Chloe to 2AG and Toby to 3AG for 2 hours of classroom torture!
I found we can only manage about 20mins before the fidgeting begins, so I sent them off on a bike ride around the campsite or run to the jetty and back between lessons – I think for our first go we managed pretty well but those DE packs are pretty comprehensive, not sure if we’ll get through all that work with the amount of km’s we need to travel but we’ll see.
11am we packed up camp – which took about 1 hr and headed North for Cessnock and then squinted west all the way to Dubbo a trifling 350km away! Pete took the opportunity to fire up his computer and was absolutely devastated when the screen went ‘poof’ and then black! He spent the next 2 hours arranging for our mate Lloyd to get another one out of storage and express post it to Dubbo – God forbid he should be out of contact for but 1 day.
Another thing I didn’t really think about before we left was the speed of travel when towing a 1 tonne trailer. You don’t exactly sit on 110km down the freeway, more like 80-90km; so a 350km, 3½ hr journey ends up taking 5½ hrs. Set up will once again be in the dark tonight!

Dubbo Big 4 Caravan Park (Power $37/night)

No comments: