Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thu 22nd May – Day 14: Side trip to the Dig Tree


Another beautiful day dawned and the boys once again tried their hands at fishing, again to no avail, although we did manage 1 lone prawn in the yabby trap! We finally rigged up the Colman Hot water System and both Pete & I had long hot showers (using the river water), boy does that thing work a treat, worth every penny of the $200 we paid at the camping show for it! School done, we headed north-west for the ‘Dig Tree’, site of Burke & Wills last camp on the banks of the Cooper – another beautiful campsite but the dust still coats everything in grey and I wish I had seen it all after rain. Another night by the river with full moon, blazing stars and strange night sounds.

Cullyamurra Waterhole Camp Ground – Innaminka Regional Reserve Bush Camp ($15/night)

No comments: